Tuesday, October 29, 2013

We're Glad Kanye West Is Doing Interviews Again

Kanye West has embarked on a rather improbable media blitz over the past week, blowing into regional radio stations to — in theory — promote his ongoing Yeezus tour. Though, as is the case with everything he does, this most recent run of interviews has proven to be so much more.
In short, Kanye been his oft-quotable self, dropping boastful bon-mots, delirious non-sequiturs and presidential pot-shots like they were going out of style (unlike, say, leather jogging pants). Of course, he's also gotten unusually personal, too ... opening up about his engagement to Kim Kardashian and their plans for the future.
Basically, West continues to prove that there's nobody in the biz who does an interview like he does ... and here are some of the highlights from his wild week of press.
On touring with Jesus Christ: "You know what's awesome about Christianity? We're allowed to portray God. ... Other religions, you're not allowed to do that," West told Bay Area station Wild 94.9 about his decision to Jesus in his Yeezus tour. "One of the things I wanted to get across is that you can have a relationship with Jesus ...in the same way as someone can have 'Jesus is my homeboy.' You can talk to him."
i only got two words in my mind so far, as far as ideas for the wedding go.. thats fighter jets. - kanye west
On his awesome wedding plans: "I only got two words in my mind so far, as far as ideas for the wedding go," 'Ye told L.A.'s Power 106. "That's fighter jets."
On fashion ...
and also the NBA: "People just look cool in it. It's super hood, but it's super white-boy approved at the same time," West told L.A.s' 97.1 Amp Radio about his Yeezus merch. "That's my style. I don't look like a rapper. When I started, I wasn't gangster enough. I'm getting married to Kim Kardashian and I never played in the NBA."
i just love being american, you know? - kanye west
On America: "I just love being American, you know?" he told Amp. F--- Yeah.
On getting paid: "What's official for everybody in this room and everybody on this globe right now is them bills," West told Power 106 about his plans to sell coverage of his wedding to the highest bidder. "Me and Kim are in the exploitation business. We get paid to exploit ourselves. I'ma give my daughter the opportunity to choose when she wants to be exploited. That's the reason we didn't take any money for any baby pictures."
On his grand designs for Miley Cyrus: "From the DONDA perspective, I'd want her to twerk more," he revealed to Amp radio. "I think the whole [VMA] performance should have been twerking."
its a painting, its a sculpture. its a moving opera. its a play - kanye west
On the Yeezus tour: "It's a painting. It's a sculpture. It's a moving opera. It's a play," he raved to Wild 94.9.
On channeling his inner Soccer Mom: "I want to figure out a way to do my work and be my daughter's soccer coach," he told Amp Radio. "I'm going to be a soccer coach and redesign their uniforms. I'll redesign the minivan."
On getting paid (again): "I just wanna be that sonic espresso, that sonic cocaine," he added during his Power interview. "When you're on your way to work and you gotta deal with a boss or on your way to an interview, I want you to play that Yeezus and feel like you can do anything."
i just wanna be that sonic espresso, that sonic cocaine - kanye west
On President Obama's pleated khakis: "Obama? Nobody's looking at what Obama is wearing," he hissed during his stop at Amp. "I'm the Number One inspirational person in fashion."
On awkward dinner-party etiquette: "When you get invited to certain dinner parties, it's still like a 'Dinner For [Schmucks] situation. Are they inviting you to be a part of what they're doing or inviting you to laugh at your teeth," West told Wild 94.9. "We have your think, that every time we do it, we give them the white voice. It goes both ways."
On the shortcomings of humanity: "We have the resources to have a human utopia," he told Amp Radio. "But mankind is too concerned about getting the next Hollywood film to Netflix."
On, uh, the Backstreet Boys: "I love the Backstreet Boys," he admitted at Amp. "There will never be another Backstreet Boys."
there will never be another backstreet boys - kanye west

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...